Date: Friday-Sunday, 27-29th November 2015 | Time: 11:30 | Venue: Nataraja | Event Type: Media / Workshop
Based in London, has been writing about world music for over 20 years.
He is Editor in Chief of Songlines the world music magazine, with one of the highest worldwide circulation figures.
He’s also co-editor of the Rough Guide to World Music (Penguin) and has been the main world music critic on the London Evening Standard since 2002.
This is a 3-day practical workshop, and participants will be asked to attend performances at XChange and write up news stories, interviews and reviews.
These will be submitted each day to a closed website and reviewed in the workshop sessions.
We’ll learn how to avoid the pitfalls and make the writing interesting, entertaining and informed. Whether you are writing for print, for PR, for a blog or simply for fun, come and hone your skills.
The best review will be published in Songlines Magazine.
Day 1 - 11:30 (2 Hours)
Day 2 - 11:30 (1.5 Hours)
Day 3 - 11:30 (1.5 Hours)
Who can apply?
- The program is aimed at journalists and aspiring writers looking to hone their skills.
- Participants must be available during the three days of IndiEarth XChange 2015 - November 27th – 29th in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
How to apply?
1. Participants must already have a 3-day XChange pass (available for purchase here)
2. Seats are limited - please fill in the form below to reserve your seat.
1. Read the Submission Rules & Regulations carefully and ensure that you comply with all the requirements
2. No registrations will be considered beyond the deadline date of November 26th, 2015
3. For further inquiries, please contact us.
Registration is closed