Date: Sunday, 29th November 2015 | Session #1 Time: 11:00 - 12:30 | Session #2 Time: 14:30 - 16:00 | Venue: Binny | Event Type: Film / Workshop
From Script To Screen - Essential Scriptwriting Techniques
Cheap and accessible technology has made it easier for many people to make a short film as seen by hundreds of such films which are uploaded on YouTube and social networks everyday. Yet only a few manage to engage us owing to the instinctive feel for the medium the makers have. However instinct is not always a reliable guide - an adequate method is needed that can work for any kind of short film.
There are two major steps in the making of the short film. First, the writing of it and second, realising the script on screen - but no one can ever make a reasonably good film out of a bad script. The greatest directors will simply reject it or rewrite it completely to make it work.
This workshop will address these problems and the associated techniques in two interactive sessions:
- Session I will set up the parameters for developing a decent script for a short film.
- Session II will make you write one by the end of the day.
Pritham K. Chakravarthy - L.V. Prasad Film & TV Academy
Venkatesh Chakravarthy - L.V. Prasad Film & TV Academy
Who can apply?
- Filmmakers interested in helpful scriptwriting tips and techniques
- Students of film or film enthusiasts interested in honing in on their scriptwriting skills
How to apply?
1. Participants must already have a 3-day XChange pass (available for purchase here)
2. Seats are limited - please fill in the form below to reserve your seat.
Registration is closed