Date: Friday, 27th November 2015 | Time: 16:30 - 18:30 | Venue: Nataraja | Event Type: Music / Film / Workshop
Film Editing & Sound Design
There is no substitute for experience. Many aspiring filmmakers do not get an opportunity to interact and learn from those who have made a mark in the industry. Two accomplished professionals, who play a large part in what you see and what you hear in a movie - Editor Praveen K L and Sound Designer/Mixer Tapas Nayak - share what they know. They will talk about their philosophy and approach to editing and sound design of a film and share tips and techniques that they have used.
The editing session will include:
- How the edit sets the pace of the movie
- Various techniques in editing based on the script and the director’s vision
- The art of editing for music videos and songs
- How Avid Media Composer helps in the creative process
The audio session will cover:
- Role of sound in a film
- Designing sound for a movie
- Adding a POV to sound design
- The power of Pro Tools as a creative tool
Presented by www.Media-School.in
Media-School.in is India’s premier training partner for students and professionals in the studio, broadcast and live industries. The company fills a need for standardized education and knowledge sharing to raise the bar in the quality of deliverables being put out by the music, film, TV and live industries in India.
Who can apply?
- Filmmakers, film students, editors, sound engineers, sound designers, Media professionals, the general public
How to apply?
1. Participants must already have a 3-day XChange pass (available for purchase here)
2. Seats are limited - please fill in the form below to reserve your seat.
Registration is closed